Saturday, November 27, 2010

Poems nature


The poetry you will find here reflects on the beauty and power of nature. Poems about the destruction of Hurricanes and Tsunamis, the wonder of the seasons, the joys of observing wild animals in their natural habitat. Sunrise and sunset, the sun and the moon, the decay of Fall, the rebirth of Spring, the long days of Summer, the snow covered world of Winter.

(The Days of Fall)

A day painted gray
Sent me on my way.
The cold wind enveloped me
And colored leaves swirled by.
Oh, how I miss the summer warmth
And gentle breezes
Another whoosh of wind
Painted my cheeks red
And a sad bird in a bare tree
Chirped as if to agree.
It’s gray, it’s damp and cold
And I’m so all alone...
Turning about
I gazed at the metallic sky above
Full of clouds
No sun in sight
Soon the final leaves would sail away
And the fall days
Will turn to winter
And winter snows will bring a blanket of white
And that bird chirped I know, I know
At least it sounded so
And off I went
Bent against the wind
Collar pulled up high
Spirits low
Wishing for a ray of sun
But there is none....


*****

(The Will of Heaven)

All creatures are the will of Heaven.
It started from the ancient time to elongate till now.
How much can the earthling gain or lose ?
Heaven commands it all.

Does Heaven truly understand all kind of distress ?
Why does He not to guide the earthling ?
Why do the ordinary people never obtain the basic request ?
We are merely a simpleton or a dreamer.

Why does He not to let us to move half step further ?
Can He show us a tiny mercy, please ?
We will spare no effort to challenge to Heaven with all our sorrow and anger.
We can never surmise His joy or rage, but.

Will He ever be old and feeble ?
We will never know.
We do not need His compliment.
The most we can do is follow our hearts to find the right direction in the storm.

*****

(A Poison Tree a poem by William Blake )

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears:
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole.
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see,
My foe outstretchd beneath the tree.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment